Installing the SystemTamer with a Computer System
- Remove center screw from wall outlet cover plate (no center screw to remove with cubicle install).
- Turn the adjustment knob on the front of the SystemTamer fully counter clockwise.
- Plug SystemTamer into the duplex wall outlet.
- Secure SystemTamer to the wall by tightening the enclosed longer center screw.
- Plug your Computer into the master outlet, marked with red dot.
- Plug your Monitor, Printer, Sound System, Modem, Power Strip or other devices into the 3 controlled outlets bottom row.
- Turn your Computer on.
- Active light and devices in bottom row outlets should now be on.
- Slowly turn the adjustment knob clockwise until the active light and controlled devices turn off. Then slowly turn the adjustment knob back counter clockwise until the active light and controlled devices power on.
- Now when you turn on your Computer/Master all your other controlled devices will power on. When you turn your Computer off all controlled devices will also power down.
For additional savings set up your power standby options in the Windows control panel and the SystemTamer will put your controlled devices into standby at the same time as your Computer goes to sleep. Go to http://system-tamer.com or http://system-tamer.com/setting_power_save.doc for detailed instructions
If you have any warranty questions logon to our website generationsofgreen or System-Tamer.com or call the number below.
The SystemTamer can be installed in any direction. Orientation will not effect operation. Do not use with GFI outlets.